28: Final stages

99 per cent there, just tidying the large triangle inside and possible addition of embellishments to the arches, but I may leave them be.


A highlight was returning the trolley - it's been so long that B&Q have changed their trolley system and there was no key to release my pound, customer services came to my rescue.


Nearly there, a few more days drying and I'll paint the bottom band, tidy the triangles and add a few details on the outer arches. Looks much better already.

June 4 – I painted the rest of the blue ceiling, the triangles and green background on the unpainted wall and did a second coat on of light orange on the other side.


June 2 & 3 – Jonny helped me paint the outer arches and inside edges that were wet earlier in the week



Over the weekend Jonny and I finished off the side areas that were wet in the week and painted the outer arches. The arches are a little lurid in the green I think. All white was nice but very vulnerable to wear and tear. Next weekend we'll adapt. I think the outer row of bricks should be white, possibly the line closest to the tunnel too, and maybe we'll add colour dots randomly in the green.



Last night I stabilised the final section of wall which I'll paint today, we are very close. It's hard to keep motivated at the end now, but hearing the impact it has made - as the project set out to do - makes it worth it.
A little boy said to his mum 'I used to be scared going through this tunnel, now I'm not'.

Comments