23: Painting Wall 2

Wall 2: Day 4 - the final day






And the finishing touch - the protective coating applied by Community Clean 
Mega thanks to my kind Crowdfunding backers who supported and paid for this coating and for the other wall in a weeks time.




Wall 2: Day 3
I painted the Kingfisher and Jonny helped with the leaves




Really enjoyed applying these colours

Wall 2: Day 2
Friday 20th April - a beautiful day, scorching at times. I got the big leaves and the kingfisher bases down. It was just me today, but Darae popped by, Jonny did the obligatory swap out for the call of nature, and Josie came said hello. Lots of positive feedback.




Wall 2: Day 1
First thing it was down to paint the entire wall white, with the extendable roller.



I had the wonderful help of Mel and Jonny to paint today which was great with phase 2
– all the base colour. Darae Palmer from YOYO also popped down to kindly record the latest progress.





Finally in phase 3, Jonny and I started to get some of the background vegetation painted.






I have to work but will be back on Friday and the weekend to do the finishing touches, still aiming for the kids to help with the ducks and animals on wall 1.

Wall 2: Day 1.5 I popped down after work and managed to get the centre stem done, a tiny bit really but good to keep it going. People are really positive about it and it's great that they find me approachable and feel they can comment to me, general well-being community friendly feeling - in a location that I've always felt was unfriendly. 

A mum walking by with her little son on a bike commented 'it's a great job you're doing, it's going to be a bright space for summer' and the boy said '...and so precise'.




There's been a lot of this - keeping everything clean.






Comments

  1. The mural looks absolutely stunning. It makes that area come alive. Gorgous colours and the design is so eye catching.
    Beautiful work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy for your lovely comments and support.

      Delete

Post a Comment