12: Mural Designing continued...closer

Work in progress continued: I feel like it's nearly there - and the deadline eek. Just need a moment to reflect before final tweaks and pending any youth group and Moremead Green feedback. 


I decided to go for a more abstract feel inside the tunnel. The surface is so poor that simple shapes will be the way forward there, I was hoping to get out there and test paint, but hello snow. 

One of the kids drew foot marks of a bird, and then a few others drew birds feet like this too, so I thought that it might be nice to stencil prints inside the tunnel. The black waves lines are like the water lines that a few of the kids drew too. 








Mock up to give the impression of what it would be like to approach from the north side of the tunnel (hmm slightly contrasting the other arch)




Mock up of the south side - appropriately right now with snow. I hope in 2 weeks things have returned to normal March, otherwise we might be looking at May half-term. I found a potential place for the rabbit.



Note the inside of the tunnel from this view, for speed I've just flipped it, I need to lay it out properly.





I know the chances of spray blam are high, but so be it. 

Tomorrow I will finalise with Glendale contractors to clean (who have kindly offered for free as this is a community project), hopefully on the 29 March, weather permitting. I'll do some tests at some point next week, but it does feel like I'm getting there, insurance, risk assessment, police updated (apparently no dealing there in the last 6 months - good to know), budget revised and sent to various. I'm going to the youth group tomorrow evening, so I hope we'll come up with a plan for a launch.

Next steps: finalise design (sign off), grid up, stencils,
paint tests, purchasing and painting


Comments